Translate

INFO ABOUT THIS TRIP

Tentatively scheduled for July 2016. This trip will allow me to return to my former Central American home country! The mission team will be working with Bill & Debbie Boling in Naranjito/Quepos area, in the Puntarenas region (Pacific side). Their ministry works in leadership development, involving local churches, Bible institutes, ESL classes, cooking classes, and outreach to schoolchildren. They need some construction work on their facilities, which will allow ministries to expand. I will aid in leading this trip, navigating a country very near and dear to my heart, translating/interpreting, and hopefully visiting with Tico (Costa Rican) loved ones during my time there.

Friday, December 11, 2015

Support Update

December 10, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

I’d like to update you on how preparation efforts for my Service Trips are coming along. Thank you to those of you who returned the “Support Response” via electronic or snail mail. I appreciate your support, and hearing from you encourages me greatly. It’s wonderful to know I am kept in the thoughts of loved ones during this process. If you have not yet responded, it is not too late! I’m still accepting your response sheets, and am grateful for each one!

For those who are interested in background information regarding the trips, here is a refresher/more info:

PHILIPPINES: February 12-23, 2016. ALFC has had a long-standing relationship with Pastor Lucio Miranda and his congregation in Olongapo. In addition to visiting Pastor Miranda’s home congregation and doing some work-service projects, the team will also travel to San Fernando in the Pampanga Province to run a Vacation Bible School program for local children, perform dance-ministry outreach and possibly run liturgical dance clinics, as well as contribute to other service projects with a new church that is being established: Lord of the Breakthrough Foursquare Church. The total estimated cost of this trip is $2,400.

COSTA RICA: tentatively scheduled for July 2016. This trip will allow me to return to my former Central American home country! The mission team will be working with Bill & Debbie Boling in Naranjito/Quepos area, in the Puntarenas region (Pacific side). Their ministry works in leadership development, involving local churches, Bible institutes, ESL classes, cooking classes, and outreach to schoolchildren. They need some construction work on their facilities, which will allow ministries to expand. I will aid in leading this trip, navigating a country very near and dear to my heart, translating/interpreting, and hopefully visiting with Tico (Costa Rican) loved ones during my time there. The total estimated cost of this service trip is $1,500.

If you’d like to know more about these trips, please contact me personally!

To date, my fund has received $945 in contributions of generous donations and gifts from my friends and family. Thank you! The first payment for the trip to the Philippines was due December 9th--a total of $1,000 to cover airfare and preliminary administrative costs. Fundraising continues now we have solidified team members; efforts will start being made here in Hollister--bake sales, auctions, savings cards for local businesses, and perhaps flamingo “flocking” (Google it if you’re unfamiliar with what it is!).

In the first phase of fundraising, an issue with the online giving was brought to my attention (thank you to those who contacted me for clarification). To support your donation efforts, on the attached Support Response page I have updated instructions, detailing steps for how to donate online to the fund.

In conclusion, I’m still asking friends and family for support commitments--both financial and otherwise. (If you have not yet already, please return the “Support Response,” on the following page.) I’m lacking the financial support to meet my fundraising goal for both trips, amounting to a total of $3,900--which includes airfare and other transportation, housing, food, and supplies for work-service projects. Most importantly, I ask for emotional and spiritual support, offering your prayers and guidance as I prepare for these trips. All the logistical details after years of traveling are of little concern, but in the areas of emotional, spiritual, and physical-health, I know I will need the most preparation and support.

I’ve now set up blogsites for each trip, through which my supporters can keep apprised of the most recent news related to the trips. If you want to know more, you have a variety of methods by which to reach me! Thank you for your ongoing support. I look forward to continued communication with you.

Blessings,
Lara Lichten

Download and print this Support Response sheet and please return it to Lara at:83 Nevada StreetHollister, CA 95023 USA

THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment